Zentyal 3.4 Announcement
Zentyal development team is proud to announce the release of Zentyal 3.4, a new Zentyal Server Community Edition. Zentyal Server is the open source alternative to Windows Small Business Server, including native replacements to Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server.
Among all the changes Zentyal 3.4 introduces, we would like to put the focus on:
- High Availability for Unified Threat Management (UTM) and Gateway
- Outlook Anywhere support
- New restyled Zentyal webmail UI
- Out of Office support for OpenChange
- New base distribution: Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy
- Removal of Apache instance for Zentyal Administration
- Improved system of bug reports
- Improved management of exceptions
The migration from Zentyal 3.3 to 3.4, not only affects Zentyal but also involves a Ubuntu base distribution upgrade.
To upgrade you only need to upgrade first to the last available 3.3 packages and a button will appear on the dashboard. Alternatively, you can also do it from the shell with:
Here is the APT source entry for Zentyal 3.4:
deb http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal 3.4 main extra
Zentyal designs and develops IT solutions for small and medium businesses since 2004. The company provides SMBs and their local IT providers all-in-one IT solutions that are easy to use, from the server to the cloud. Zentyal-based solutions allow SMBs to reduce and rationalize IT investments, improve the security and minimize system downtime.
Zentyal-based solutions are widely used by small and medium businesses independently of their activity or location, as well as by public administration or the education sector. The partnership agreements signed with IT support and service providers in more than 20 countries guarantee the distribution of Zentyal-based solutions to customers worldwide.
Full Change Log
You can read the full change log from 3.3 to 3.4 here.
Bibliography and Resources
- [Zentyal Labs] Zentyal Webmail Restyle article: http://labs.zentyal.org/zentyal-webmail-restyle/
- [Zentyal Labs] Introducing High Availability in Zentyal article: http://labs.zentyal.org/high-availability-in-zentyal/